Age Group: Primary 5 -12 yrs
Duration: 60 mins
Stories, ART and ILLUSTRATION
Inspired by our favourite Children’s books.
This term we will be looking at different art experiences inspired by our favourite children’s books – looking at their themes, characters, illustrations, stories. We hope you might have some of these books in your library at home, and would be great if you are able to read or revisit these books before each lesson (but not essential) – we will have plenty of visual references to get you inspired.
- 30th April – Dr SEUSS - Cartooning fun (Drawing)
- 7th May – WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE - Masks (Mix media)
- 14th May – CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY - Candy Art (clay sculpture)
- 21st May – HAIRY MACLARY from DONALDSONS DAIRY - Doggy Fun (printing)
- 28th May – MR HUFF - Collage Characters (collage/ drawing)
- 4th June – THE LOST THING - clay sculpture creatures
- 11th June – ANIMALIA - animal illustration (draw/paint)
- 18th June – ILLUSTRATOR FEATURE - Carson Ellis - Homes - drawing
- 25th June - Make your own Book - Mix media
We will be operating the course through ZOOM - kids will be able to still make and create through a guided tutorial that will be fun, educational, and creative. RAW Art will provide all students will their required resources for the program – these will be delivered to your door every 3 x weeks in a comprehensive pack, which will include an activity sheet, extension ideas, and relevant links for each tutorial.
Our program will be high in content and educational value, and will be a great stress buster for our kids who will be needing to nurture their growing minds with some creative problem solving activities, and improving on those fine-motor skills. Let’s get creative!
You can sign up for one class, or more if you are super arty. If you miss a session all classes will be recorded, so you can catch up on classes in your own time.
What you will need -
- A suitable device - laptop/ ipad/ desktop most suitable
- Access to the internet
- A good work zone/ table to set up for the activity that is ok to get a little messy
- Scissors/ glue stick/lead pencil
- An art shirt
**Please note – in the past we have always endeavoured to keep our pricing as low as possible, with a drop-in casual option also. In light of this being a more structured approach to learning, with the added expenses of postage/ preparation time/ platform subscription, we are offering this course as the full 9 x week program only. We sincerely apologise if this does not suit your current requirements.
Maximum 15 per session & run within school term only
After school classes: WEDNESDAY or THURSDAY: 3.45 - 4.45pm