Age Group: Primary 5 -12 yrs
Duration: 60 mins
Around the world in 9 weeks.
This term we will be looking at different art experiences inspired by different countries and cultures. We will be looking at countries such as Japan, South America, Sweden, and Australia – with fun projects, working with a range of both 2D and 3D media, learning a range of processes.
- 29th April – RUSSIA - Russian Dolls - 2D painting/Drawing
- 6th May – AUSTRALIA - Meat Pies - clay sculpture
- 13th May – TORRES STRAIGHT ISLANDS - Head dress - wearable Art
- 20th May – JAPAN - Sushi Decorative Plates - drawing
- 27th May – SOUTH AMERICA - Worry Dolls - Textiles
- 3rd June – CHINA - Dragon Faces - Mix media
- 10th June – INDIGENOUS AUSTRALIA - Animal Motifs - printmaking
- 17th June – SWEDEN - Dalarna Horses - Clay sculpture
- 24th June - NATIVE AMERICAN INDIANS - Spin Drums - mix media
We will be operating the course through ZOOM - kids will be able to still make and create through a guided tutorial that will be fun, educational, and creative. RAW Art will provide all students will their required resources for the program – these will be delivered to your door every 3 x weeks in a comprehensive pack, which will include an activity sheet, extension ideas, and relevant links for each tutorial.
Our program will be high in content and educational value, and will be a great stress buster for our kids who will be needing to nurture their growing minds with some creative problem solving activities, and improving on those fine-motor skills. Let’s get creative!
You can sign up for one class, or more if you are super arty. If you miss a session all classes will be recorded, so you can catch up on classes in your own time.
What you will need -
- A suitable device - laptop/ ipad/ desktop most suitable
- Access to the internet
- A good work zone/ table to set up for the activity that is ok to get a little messy
- Scissors/ glue stick/lead pencil
- An art shirt
**Please note – in the past we have always endeavoured to keep our pricing as low as possible, with a drop-in casual option also. In light of this being a more structured approach to learning, with the added expenses of postage/ preparation time/ platform subscription, we are offering this course as the full 9 x week program only. We sincerely apologise if this does not suit your current requirements.
Maximum 15 per session & run within school term only
After school classes: WEDNESDAY or THURSDAY: 3.45 - 4.45pm