Age Group: Primary age 8-12 yrs
Duration: 1.5 hours
LETS EXPLORE DRAWING
Learn a range of techniques and processes, and make cool art!
This term we will be looking at all things drawing – learning drawing techniques, exploring a range of drawing media from pencil and charcoal through to working with inks and pastels, playing with a range of concepts (line/colour/ shape/ texture/ tone) and looking at artists and art movements.
- 25th April – The fundamentals – line/ shape
- 2nd May – The media - pencil and charcoal (Nature focus)
- 9th May – How to….draw a Still Life (Contour Lines)
- 16th May – How to….draw a Face (LINE/SHAPE)
- 23rd May – How to….draw a Box ( LINE/SHAPE/TONE)
- 30th May – How to create a cartoon
- 6th June – Having fun with drawing – Bug Art (inks/markers)
- 13th June – Having fun with drawing – Meditative Mandalas
- 20th June - Working with Pastels - having fun with COLOUR
We will be operating the course through ZOOM - kids will be able to still make and create through a guided tutorial that will be fun, educational, and creative. RAW Art will provide all students will their required resources for the program – these will be delivered to your door every 3 x weeks in a comprehensive pack, which will include an activity sheet, extension ideas, and relevant links for each tutorial.
Our program will be high in content and educational value, and will be a great stress buster for our kids who will be needing to nurture their growing minds with some creative problem solving activities, and improving on those fine-motor skills. Let’s get creative!
You can sign up for one class, or more if you are super arty. If you miss a session all classes will be recorded, so you can catch up on classes in your own time.
What you will need -
- A suitable device - laptop/ ipad/ desktop most suitable
- Access to the internet
- A good work zone/ table to set up for the activity that is ok to get a little messy
- Scissors/ glue stick/lead pencil
- An art shirt
**Please note – in the past we have always endeavoured to keep our pricing as low as possible, with a drop-in casual option also. In light of this being a more structured approach to learning, with the added expenses of postage/ preparation time/ platform subscription, we are offering this course as the full 9 x week program only. We sincerely apologise if this does not suit your current requirements.
Maximum 15 per session & run within school term only
After school classes: WEDNESDAY or THURSDAY: 3.45 - 4.45pm